- murther (弃用)
源自中古英語 murder、murdre、mourdre，变化自早期形式murthre (“谋杀”)（参见murther），源自古英語 morþor (“暗杀，非法杀害”)和古英語 myrþra (“谋杀，他杀”)，两者均源自原始日耳曼語 *murþrą (“死，杀”)，源自原始印歐語 *mr̥tro- (“杀”)，源自原始印歐語 *mer-、*mor-、*mr̥- (“死”)。与哥特語 𐌼𐌰𐌿𐍂𐌸𐍂 (maurþr, “谋杀”)、古高地德語 mord (“谋杀”)、古諾爾斯語 morð (“谋杀”)、古英語 myrþrian (“谋杀”)和morþ有关。
- (不可數) 谋杀罪
- The defendant was charged with murder.
- 2012年8月21日，Ed Pilkington，“Death penalty on trial: should Reggie Clemons live or die?”，出自 The Guardian:
- Reggie Clemons has one last chance to save his life. After 19 years on death row in Missouri for the murder of two young women, he has been granted a final opportunity to persuade a judge that he should be spared execution by lethal injection.
- 2013年7月20日，“Old soldiers?”，出自 The Economist，卷號408，期號8845:
- Whether modern, industrial man is less or more warlike than his hunter-gatherer ancestors is impossible to determine. […] One thing that is true, though, is that murder rates have fallen over the centuries, as policing has spread and the routine carrying of weapons has diminished. Modern society may not have done anything about war. But peace is a lot more peaceful.
- (可數) 谋杀，杀害
- There have been ten unsolved murders this year alone.
- 1984, Humphrey Carpenter, Mari Prichard, The Oxford companion to children's literature, page 275:
- It may be guessed, indeed, that this was the original form of the story, the fairy being the addition of those who considered Jack's thefts from (and murder of) the giant to be scarcely justified without her.
- 2003，Paul Ruditis， Star Trek Voyager: Companion, →ISBN, 頁號131:
- Captain Sulu, who served under the legendary James T. Kirk for many years, disobeys Starfleet orders in order to try and help Kirk and another old shipmate, Dr. McCoy, who have been imprisoned for the murder of the Klingon chancellor.
- 2011，Carlene Brennen， Hemingway's Cats, →ISBN, 頁號161:
- Dr. Herrera also knew Hemingway had held Batista's army personally responsible for the brutal murders of his dogs, Blackie (Black Dog) and Machakos.
- (不可數, 法律, 在使用重罪谋杀罪的司法地区) 本詞語需要翻譯為漢語。請協助添加，並移除
- (不可數, 常作表语) 难以忍受的东西
- This headache is murder.
- (可數, 集体名词) 群（乌鸦的集体名词）
- 常修饰“murder”的形容词：atrocious, attempted, brutal, cold-blooded, double, heinous, horrible, premeditated, triple, terrible, unsolved.
- axe murder
- axe murderer
- capital murder
- cried blue murder
- cries blue murder
- cry blue murder
- crying blue murder
- depraved-heart murder
- first-degree murder
- get away with murder
- lust murder
- mass murder
- mass murderer
- murder by suicide
- murder in the dark
- murder in the first degree
- murder in the second degree
- murder one
- murder one's darlings
- muti murder
- scream bloody murder
- scream blue murder
- screamed bloody murder
- screamed blue murder
- screaming bloody murder
- screaming blue murder
- screams bloody murder
- screams blue murder
- second-degree murder
- wink murder
- The woman found dead in her kitchen was murdered by her husband.
- (及物, 運動, 比喻义, 口語, 夸张) 使...惨败，压胜
- Our team is going to murder them.
- (比喻义, 口語, 夸张) 干掉，弄死（表达愤怒）
- He's torn my best shirt. When I see him, I'll murder him!
- 1892，William Shepard Walsh， Handy-book of Literary Curiosities, 頁號293:
- Dr. Caius, the Frenchman in the play, and Evans the Welshman, "Gallia et Guallia," succeed pretty well in their efforts to murder the language.
- (比喻义, 口語, 英國英語) 吞食
- I could murder a hamburger right now.