ism (複數 isms)
- 近義詞： whateverism
- 1843，Thomas Carlyle， chapter XV，出自 Past and Present，book 2:
- […] his religion, his worship was like his daily bread to him; — which he did not take the trouble to talk much about; which he merely ate at stated intervals, and lived and did his work upon! This is Abbot Samson’s Catholicism of the Twelfth Century; — something like the Ism of all true men in all true centuries, I fancy! Alas, compared with any of the Isms current in these poor days, what a thing!
- 1965，Bertram David Wolfe， Marxism, One Hundred Years in the Life of a Doctrine, 頁號357:
- An ism does not have to possess the fearful implements of state power to cut off a a deviant or heretical member.
- 1969，Walter E. Minchinton， Mercantilism; System Or Expediency?, 頁號xi:
- In his exposition, he has failed to achieve the identification of situation, theory, and policy necessary to create an ism.
- 1986，John Hughes， Ferris Bueller's Day Off, 台词角色Ferris Bueller (Matthew Broderick):
- Isms in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an ism – he should believe in himself.
- 1994，Kenneth Kaye， Workplace Wars and How to End Them, 頁號70:
- It is important to distinguish between an ism and a mere generalization about group differences. Generalizations that have statistical validity are not isms. An ism assumes that the generalization applies to an individual.
- (特指) 歧視的一種形式，例如種族主義或性別歧視等
- "isms" in Raymond Williams, Keywords (revised), 1983, Fontana Press, page 173.
繼承自阿拉伯語 اِسْم (ism)，繼承自原始閃米特語 *šim-。
借自波斯語 اسم (esm)，派生自阿拉伯語 اِسْم (ism).
ism (複數 ismlar)