源自中古英語 assent (名詞)。assenten (動詞)，源自古法語 assent (名詞)、assentir (動詞)。
assent (第三人稱單數簡單現在時 assents，現在分詞 assenting，一般過去時及過去分詞 assented)
- (不及物) 批准，同意，讚成；承認，證實，明確
- Template:RQ:Macaulay History of England
- 2012, Spectral Mortuary, Lapidated
- :To assent to the words
Of medieval law
To pay a corporal price
To death, by lapidation
- 1611， The Holy Bible, […] (King James Version)，London: […] Robert Barker, […], OCLC 964384981, Acts 24:9:
- And the Jews also assented, saying that these things were so.
- I will give this act my assent.
- 1960 January，“Talking of Trains: N.& W.-Virginian merger”，出自 Trains Illustrated, 頁號9:
- A number of other mergers of U.S. railroads are mooted, but the I.C.C. [Interstate Commerce Commission] has made it clear that its assent to the N.& W.-Virginian proposal, which was unopposed by competitors or stockholders, should not be taken as an indication that others will swiftly pass its scrutiny.
- 2014，Ian McEwan， The Children Act，Penguin Random House (2018), 頁號128:
- He lowered his head in assent.