來自中古英語 acqueren，來自古法語 aquerre，來自拉丁語 acquirō；ad- + quaerō (“在……中搜索”)。參見quest。
acquire（第三人稱單數簡單現在時 acquires，現在分詞 acquiring，一般過去時及過去分詞 acquired）
- (及物) 獲得，取得
- all the riches he acquired were from hard work.
- One should acquire as much knowledge as possible from reading.
- to acquire a skill ― 學到一門技術
- to acquire decent habits and manners ― 養成良好的習慣和禮儀
- Template:RQ:Barrow Sermon
- No virtue is acquired in an instant, but by degrees, step by step.
- Template:RQ:Blackstone Commentaries
- Descent is the title whereby a man, on the death of his ancestor, acquires his estate, by right of representation, as his heir at law.
- 1922，Michael Arlen，“3/19/2”，出自 “Piracy”: A Romantic Chronicle of These Days:
- Ivor had acquired more than a mile of fishing rights with the house ; he was not at all a good fisherman, but one must do something ; one generally, however, banged a ball with a squash-racket against a wall.
- (醫學) 得病，染病
- (計算機) 捕獲