- hafta (非正式，非標準)
- 2013 July-August, Henry Petroski, “Geothermal Energy”, in 美國科學家, volume 101, number 4:
- Energy has seldom been found where we need it when we want it. Ancient nomads, wishing to ward off the evening chill and enjoy a meal around a campfire, had to collect wood and then spend time and effort coaxing the heat of friction out from between sticks to kindle a flame.
- I just have to have that shirt; you have to wear a seat belt
- that has to be the postman; it has to be an electrical fault
- 那一定是快遞員; 一定是有電器故障
have to 後常跟動詞不定式。
- I don't want to go to school, but I have to.