- (正统英式(RP)) IPA(幫助)：/ˈbɹɔːdkɑːst/, /-kæst/
- (通用美式) IPA(幫助)：/ˈbɹɔdkæst/
- (加拿大) IPA(幫助)：/ˈbɹɑdkæst/
- 1744，William Ellis，“Of White Oats”，出自 The Modern Husbandman: Or, The Practice of Farming: As it is Now Carried On by the Most Accurate Farmers in Several Counties of England. For the Month of April. [...]，Dublin:Printed by and for George Faulkner, OCLC 695977088, 頁號48–49:
- And ſuch a double Sowing is of the greateſt Importance; for on the thick Growth of a Crop very much depends on the Bigneſs of it at Harveſt, becauſe, by ſuch a thick Growth, the Weeds are overcome and kept down from hurting the Oats; and, likewiſe, the Heats and Droughts kept the better out from parching up the Roots of the Oats, which, in too thin a Crop, often prove fatal to it; for, when Oats are ſown in the random or broadcaſt Way, there is no more Mold allowed their Roots than what the Harrows and Roll give them; which, at beſt, is but a ſuperficial and moſt thin Covering, and, therefore, the more liable to ſuffer by Droughts, which is different from the Way of ſowing Oats in Drills.
- 1923，Song Ong Siang，“The Tenth Decade (1909–19)：第一段”，出自 One Hundred Years’ History of the Chinese in Singapore: […]，London:John Murray, […], OCLC 417315791, 頁號444:
- They alleged that, as soon as the Opium Commission was appointed, the various anti-opium organisations began to be extremely active and a determined campaign was carried on against the use of the drug by the circulation of a mass of anti-opium literature and the broadcast distribution of handbills and pamphlets.
- 1931 June，M. A. Mattoon，“Application of Methods to Minimize Human Risks and Physical Dangers”，出自 Fire Handbook: Region Seven: United States Department of Agriculture Forest Service，Washington, D.C.:Government Printing Office, OCLC 555361538, 頁號8:
- There must be action on and participation in broadcast methods of public education, face to face, in groups, or by use of the mails. This, however, is of secondary importance to the man-to-man job of education in care with fire in the woods.
- 1946，Ch[arles]-M[arie] Widor; Edward Suddard, transl.，“Percussion Instruments”，出自 The Technique of the Modern Orchestra: A Manual of Practical Instrumentation，rev. and new edition，London:Joseph Wiliams Limited, 29, Enford Street, Marylebone, W.1, OCLC 852117766; reprinted Mineola, N.Y.:Dover Publications，2005, →ISBN, 頁號208:
- For radio-transmission it has been found that certain passages of a rhythmical nature come out more clearly if wooden-headed sticks are used. The Timpani sometimes tend to sound blurred and even to have a blurring effect on the rest of the orchestral ensemble in broadcast music, when ordinary soft sticks are used in a strongly marked rhythm.
- 2013年11月14日，Alina Selyukh，“U.S. FCC eases foreign investment limit for broadcast stations”，出自 Reuters, archived from the original on 16 August 2017:
- The new limitations would still prohibit foreigners from wholly or directly owning broadcast licensees, allowing only indirect ownership through a stake in a controlling parent of a broadcast licensee.
- 1864年1月15日，J[oseph] B[enjamin] Polley，“Some ‘Escape’ Stories”，出自 A Soldier’s Letters to Charming Nellie，New York, N.Y.; Washington, D.C.:The Neale Publishing Company，出版年份1908, OCLC 48150965, 頁號195:
- [O]n reporting to Captain Thrasher he informed me that his orders were to take a detachment of forty men across the French Broad River and turn them loose to wander broadcast over the country as a protection to foraging parties of quartermasters and commissaries, […]
- 1885，Honoré de Balzac; [Katherine Prescott Wormeley, transl.]，“The Illustrious Gaudissart [Scenes from Provincial Life.]”，出自 The Duchesse de Langeais: With An Episode under the Terror, The Illustrious Gaudissart, A Passion in the Desert, and The Hidden Masterpiece (The Comedy of Human Life)，Boston, Mass.:Roberts Brothers, 3 Somerset Street, OCLC 624644332, chapter I, 頁號217:
- The commercial traveller, a personage unknown to antiquity, is one of the striking figures created by the manners and customs of our present epoch. […] Our century will bind the realm of isolated power, abounding as it does in creative genius, to the realm of universal but levelling might; equalizing all products, spreading them broadcast among the masses, and being itself controlled by the principle of unity,—the final expression of all societies.
- 1913，F[rank] H[urlbut] Chittenden，“Protection of the Fall Crop and Seed Potatoes”，出自 The Potato-tuber Moth (U.S. Department of Agriculture Farmers’ Bulletin; no. 557)，Washington, D.C.:Government Printing Office, OCLC 910575590, 頁號6:
- A special letter of warning against the ravages of the potato-tuber moth in the shape of a press notice has been sent broadcast to newspapers, as well as to others, throughout the country.
- (農業, 園藝學, 古舊) 種子廣泛撒播
- 1893，Thomas Shaw，“Fertilizers for Rape”，出自 The Rape Plant: Its History, Culture, and Uses (U.S. Department of Agriculture Farmers’ Bulletin; no. 11)，Washington, D.C.:Government Printing Office; published by authority of the Secretary of Agriculture, OCLC 755290562, 頁號15:
- When [rape is] grown broadcast the superphosphate may be incorporated with the surface soil by the harrow when preparing the ground for the seed or in covering the same.
- 1961 May 9, Newton Minow, "Television and the Public Interest":
- No one knows how long it will be until a broadcast from a studio in New York will be viewed in India as well as in Indiana, will be seen in the Congo as it is seen in Chicago. But as surely as we are meeting here today, that day will come; and once again our world will shrink.
- 2017年8月13日，Benjamin Haas，“Radio silence: 24-hour broadcast of BBC World Service dropped in Hong Kong: After four decades in the former British colony, BBC World Service is to be mostly replaced with China’s state radio channel”，出自 The Guardian，London, archived from the original on 16 August 2017:
- After nearly 40 years of continuous broadcast in Hong Kong, a 24-hour transmission of the BBC World Service will go silent in the former British colony, replaced with programming from China's state radio channel. The move by Radio Television Hong Kong, owned by the local government, was meant to "enhance the cultural exchange between the mainland and Hong Kong", a spokesman said.
- 1961 May 9, Newton Minow, "Television and the Public Interest":
- The DJ was feeling nervous before his first national broadcast.
- 反義詞： narrowcast
- 1943，Wilfrid H. Pettitt， Nine Girls: A Play in Prologue and Two Acts，Chicago, Ill.:The Dramatic Publishing Company, OCLC 1944126; republished Woodstock, Ill.:The Dramatic Publishing Company，1971, →ISBN, Act I, scene i, 頁號15–16:
- We interrupt this broadcast at the request of the police department to bring you the following special bulletin: The dead body of Miss Paula Canfield, missing student at Westlake University and daughter of the multi-millionaire Harold Canfield, has been found in the Arroyo Seco near the Colorado Street Bridge.
- 1958，Robert T. Holt，“Introduction”，出自 Radio Free Europe，Minneapolis, Minn.:University of Minnesota Press, OCLC 948740372, 頁號3:
- Radio Free Europe was established by a group of private citizens in December 1949, for the purpose of conducting a propaganda campaign against six Communist-dominated satellites in central and eastern Europe. […] Its program consisted of daily half-hour broadcasts, first to Czechoslovakia and then to Hungary, Poland, Bulgaria, Rumania, and Albania.
- 自由歐洲電台於1949年12月由私人團體建立，用於對中東歐的六個蘇聯衛星國進行政治宣傳。 […] 電台節目包括每天半小時的（對外宣傳）廣播節目，首先是對捷克斯洛伐克，後來擴展到匈牙利、波蘭、保加利亞、羅馬尼亞和阿爾巴尼亞。
- (農業, 園藝學, 古舊) 種子廣泛撒播
- 1785，W. Belcher，“Observations on Lucerne”，出自Arthur Young (agriculturist)編， Annals of Agriculture, and Other Useful Arts，卷號III，期號18，London:Printed for the editor, and sold by H. Goldney, No. 15, Paternoster-Row, OCLC 991174928, 頁號433:
- Since my laſt, I went to ſee a piece of Daniel Fitch's, of Pluckley, Kent. He has two acres of broadcaſt, the oldeſt I have ever ſeen, ſown twenty years ago with barley, like clover.
- 1807，“BARLEY”，出自 The Complete Farmer; or, General Dictionary of Agriculture and Husbandry: Comprehending the Most Improved Methods of Cultivation; the Different Modes of Raising Timber, Fruit, and Other Trees; and the Modern Management of Live-stock: With Descriptions of the Most Approved Implements, Machinery, and Farm-buildings，5th wholly re-written and enlarged edition，London:Printed by Rider and Weed, Little Britain, for R. Baldwin [et al.], OCLC 879551646, column 2:
- It was stated by Mr. Miller, that the common method was, formerly, to sow the barley-seed with a broadcast at two sowings; the first being harrowed in once, but the second not until the seed is buried; […]
- (及物) 廣播
- 1927年6月1日，Franklin W. Dixon [pseudonym: Leslie McFarlane]，“A Surprise”，出自 The Tower Treasure (The Hardy Boys; no. 1)，New York, N.Y.:Grosset & Dunlap, OCLC 655335582:
- When the boys reached the business section of Bayport they found that Jackley's confession had already become known. The local radio station had broadcast it in the afternoon news program and people everywhere were discussing it.
- 1967 January，“Four Avenues of Service”，出自 Adventure in Service (Pamphlet [Rotary International]; 52)，Evanston, Ill.; Zurich:Rotary International, OCLC 503113978, 頁號69:
- Practicing vocational service to the limit of one's vision makes a difference whether an employer regards his employees as "robots or human beings"; it makes a difference in the kind of advertisements he publishes or broadcasts; it makes a difference how he reacts under pressure from a competitor; it makes a difference in the quality of his service.
- 2005，Robert E. Bartholomew，“Introduction”，出自H[erbert] G[eorge] Wells， The War of the Worlds，New York, N.Y.:Cosimo Books, →ISBN, 頁號8:
- The state of Rhode Island was the scene, on October 30, 1974, of yet another scare involving an adaptation of The War of the Worlds. Broadcast on radio station WPRO, Providence, the drama frightened listeners across the state. The play began with reporters covering a "meteor crash" near Jamestown, the purported Martian landing site. […] City fire stations and other radio and TV outlets reported being inundated with inquiries from anxious callers, as was WPRO, which received more than a hundred calls.
- 2013年11月15日，“Shakespeare broadcast direct into schools for first time”，出自 ITV News, archived from the original on 13 June 2017:
- (及物) 將訊息傳播到廣大地區；（尤指）一次性將同一封電郵發給許多人
- ，Joseph Stalin，“The October Revolution and the National Question”，出自 The October Revolution: A Collection of Articles & Speeches (Marxist Library)，London:Martin Lawrence, OCLC 254783389, section III (The International Importance of the October Revolution), 頁號15–16:
- The break with imperialism and the liberation of Russia from the predatory war, the publication of the secret treaties and the solemn abrogation of the policy of seizing foreign soil, the proclamation of national freedom and the recognition of the independence of Finland, the declaration of Russia as a "Federation of Soviet National Republics" and the militant battle-cry of a resolute struggle against imperialism broadcast all over the world by the Soviet government in millions of pamphlets, newspapers, and leaflets in the mother tongues of the peoples of the East and West—all this could not fail to have its effect on the enslaved East and the bleeding West.
- 2014，Greg[ory J.] Monette， The Wrong Jesus: Fact, Belief, Legend, Truth … Making Sense of What You’ve Heard，Colorado Springs, Colo.:NavPress in alliance with Tyndale House Publishers, →ISBN, 頁號178:
- However, truth and lies can usually be confirmed or denied by speaking with eyewitnesses of events in order to verify what took place. The amount of time separating the event in question from when it was broadcasted also makes a difference.
- 2016，Richard A. Moran，“That Permanent Record”，出自 The Thing about Work: Showing Up and Other Important Matters: A Worker’s Manual，Brookline, Mass.:Bibliomotion, →ISBN:
- Urban legend has it that someone is monitoring all those e-mails broadcast from your work address. Hard to imagine a more boring job but the truth is, and I shouldn't have to tell people this, the record of those e-mails is in a server somewhere and it can be monitored.
- (不及物) 作客廣播節目
- 2009，Sian Morgan，“Françoise Dolto: A Biography”，出自Guy Hall, Françoise Hivernel, and Sian Morgan編， Theory and Practice in Child Psychoanalysis: An Introduction to the Work of Françoise Dolto，London:Karnac Books, →ISBN, 頁號22:
- She [Françoise Dolto] is most well known in France for her broadcasts on France-Inter, Lorsque l'enfant parait; she broadcasted for twelve minutes every day of the week for two years, answering parents' questions.
- (及物, 農業, 園藝學, 古舊) 廣泛撒播種子
- 1789，Thomas Boothby Parkyns，“Some Account of the Racine de Disette, or Root of Scarcity, of Its Utility, and the Mode of Treating It; from a Letter of Thomas Boothby Parkyns, Esq., Addressed to the Secretary of the above-mentioned Society [the Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce].—From the Same Work [vol. 5 of the Transactions of the Society].”，出自 The Annual Register, or A View of the History, Politics, and Literature，London:Printed for J[ames] Dodsley, in Pall-Mall, OCLC 948518154, 頁號80, column 1:
- I ſhall content myſelf, […] to ſay that the ſeed ſhoud be ſown in the garden, or very good ground, in rows, or broadcaſt, and as ſoon as the plants are of the ſize of a gooſe-quill, to be tranſplanted in rows of eighteen inches diſtance, and eighteen inches apart, one plant from the other: […]
- 2013年11月9日，Sarah Price，“Breathing new life into an old garden [print edition: New life, old garden]”，出自 The Daily Telegraph (Gardening)，London, archived from the original on 15 May 2016, 頁號G1:
- I wanted to grow my own cut flowers for the big day so three months earlier I broadcasted an annual seed mix across a few recently cleared borders.
- broadcast in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- broadcast in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913