- 1 Request for comment on Commons: Should Wikimedia support MP4 video?
- 2 重要信息：管理员活动审核
- 4 Call for project ideas: funding is available for community experiments
- 5 关于wiktionary发展方向的一些想法
- 6 C:
- 8 Suggestion: Users Can Download Lexicons
- 9 欢迎关注我即将为Wiki带来的一个中文支持功能
- 10 Pronunciation Recording
- 11 2014年2月維基媒體亮點
- 12 Media Viewer
- 13 Using only UploadWizard for uploads
- 14 Media Viewer is now live on this wiki
- 15 Universal Language Selector will be enabled by default again on this wiki by 21 February 2014
- 16 Changes to the default site typography coming soon
- 17 Letter petitioning WMF to reverse recent decisions
- 18 Process ideas for software development
- 19 Grants to improve your project
- 20 Change in renaming process
- 21 Meta RfCs on two new global groups
- 22 詞條質量評級？
- 23 Template:字形拆解
Request for comment on Commons: Should Wikimedia support MP4 video?[编辑]
I apologize for this message being only in English. Please translate it if needed to help your community.
The Wikimedia Foundation's multimedia team seeks community guidance on a proposal to support the MP4 video format. This digital video standard is used widely around the world to record, edit and watch videos on mobile phones, desktop computers and home video devices. It is also known as H.264/MPEG-4 or AVC.
Supporting the MP4 format would make it much easier for our users to view and contribute video on Wikipedia and Wikimedia projects -- and video files could be offered in dual formats on our sites, so we could continue to support current open formats (WebM and Ogg Theora).
However, MP4 is a patent-encumbered format, and using a proprietary format would be a departure from our current practice of only supporting open formats on our sites -- even though the licenses appear to have acceptable legal terms, with only a small fee required.
We would appreciate your guidance on whether or not to support MP4. Our Request for Comments presents views both in favor and against MP4 support, based on opinions we’ve heard in our discussions with community and team members.
All users are welcome to participate, whether you are active on Commons, Wikipedia, other Wikimedia project -- or any site that uses content from our free media repository.
You are also welcome to join tomorrow's Office hours chat on IRC, this Thursday, January 16, at 19:00 UTC, if you would like to discuss this project with our team and other community members.
- 已经放在Wiktionary:申请成为管理员#PhiLiP讨论。--Liuxinyu970226（讨论） 2014年1月24日 (五) 06:59 (UTC)
Call for project ideas: funding is available for community experiments[编辑]
I apologize if this message is not in your language. Please help translate it.
Do you have an idea for a project that could improve your community? Individual Engagement Grants from the Wikimedia Foundation help support individuals and small teams to organize experiments for 6 months. You can get funding to try out your idea for online community organizing, outreach, tool-building, or research to help make Wiktionary better. In March, we’re looking for new project proposals.
Examples of past Individual Engagement Grant projects:
- Organizing social media for Chinese Wikipedia ($350 for materials)
- Improving gadgets for Visual Editor ($4500 for developers)
- Coordinating access to reliable sources for Wikipedians ($7500 for project management, consultants and materials)
- Building community and strategy for Wikisource (€10000 for organizing and travel)
Hope to have your participation,
--Siko Bouterse, Head of Individual Engagement Grants, Wikimedia Foundation 2014年2月28日 (五) 19:44 (UTC)
- 是个 “海纳百川” 的 “在线词库”，收录各种词条，包括активация、モルモット？ [ 另見： Special:最近更改天啊现在连参见模板都还没有。Special:最近更改]
- 是个语源学参考网站，给出 OED 和 Merriam-Webster 上的标准词源（如英文wiktionary那样）？
我觉得，既然是中文词典，就应该好好编写汉语词条，尤其是成语、多义词、生僻词 [看看这个分类页面，拼音排序字形排序混用，还混进来英文成语…] ，而不要着重于汉英、汉日、汉俄等等。英语单词成千上万，怎么可能编写得过来；而且想要查单词的话，为什么不去英文wiktionary查呢？就算我们电脑能力超强，把能找到的资源都搬过来，但是却没有多少人看，那又如何呢？换句话说，我比较怀疑维基词典目前的自我定位；从某些网站导入（不知道我这样理解机器人自动创建对不对？）本来就有侵权之嫌，导入之后，以目前维基词典的版面格式，必然是乱七八糟，毫无可读性。
- 其他语言（尤其是英语）的词条要保证最低质量，不要只有一个中文释义；那和 google translate 有什么区别？而且这样的释义极其不准确，往往就来自各种翻译工具。
Suggestion: Users Can Download Lexicons[编辑]
I'm a new latin learner and my classmates suggested me to use Wiktionary. But when I wanted to download the lexicons for my app, I failed. Can you guys add that option up? Djk（讨论） 2014年3月15日 (六) 12:20 (UTC)
大家好， 在今年的Google Summer of Code项目中，我所申请的“为通用语言选择器提供中文字体支持”项目成功入选，将在未来的三个月内完成这一工程，并争取早日合并入主代码库。
本工程要解决的就是上述问题，主要完成两件事： 1. 字体裁剪。针对每个页面生成专用字体文件，比如某页面只使用了107个汉字，就为它生成只含107个汉字的字体文件，大概只有10~20KB，下载速度极快。 2. 字体收集。如果页面上包含了一个字形，连服务器的字形库里也没有，就秉持Wiki的贡献和分享精神，提供一个接口鼓励用户制作这个字形并上传给服务器。
talk 13:20, 26 March 2014 (UTC)
Dear Wiktionary community!
- About me
- My name is Rainer Rillke, and I have been volunteering at Wikimedia Commons for 3 years now, gathering experience around media files. I've been always interested in how things work and how one could improve them.
- The idea
- One idea that appeared last Summer was allowing the recording of small chunks of speech, uploading that to Wikimedia Commons in the background and including this into a Wiktionary entry without having the hassle doing everything by hand or installing additional software. That idea led to the foundation of MediaWiki extension PronunciationRecording during the Google Summer of Code. However, this was not completed; instead development is stale for over 5 months now.
- My proposal
- To make this going to work, so Wiktionary has an immediate benefit of this feature, I would like to provide the work done so far as a gadget and add some more work in regard to usability. You can see my plan at m:Grants:IEG/Finish Pronunciation Recording. And more importantly, you can give me a hand, if you are interested by writing your comments.
Greetings, my apologies for writing in English.
I wanted to let you know that Media Viewer will be released to this wiki in the coming weeks. Media Viewer allows readers of Wikimedia projects to have an enhanced view of files without having to visit the file page, but with more detail than a thumbnail. You can try Media Viewer out now by turning it on in your Beta Features. If you do not enjoy Media Viewer or if it interferes with your work after it is turned on you will be able to disable Media Viewer as well in your preferences. I invite you to share what you think about Media Viewer and how it can be made better in the future.
Thank you for your time. - Keegan (WMF) 2014年5月23日 (五) 21:29 (UTC)
Using only UploadWizard for uploads[编辑]
Hello! Sorry for writing in English. It was noted that on this wiki upload is not fully functional for users, who will experience a very difficult and/or illegal uploading. In fact, the licenses/copyright tags dropdown is empty, making it hard or impossible to comply with copyright requirements during upload itself.
- local "上传文件" restricted to the "管理员" group (for emergency uploads) and
- the sidebar point to commons:Special:UploadWizard,
so that you can avoid local maintenance and all users can have a functioning, easy upload interface in their own language. All registered users can upload on Commons and existing files will not be affected.
All this will get done around 2014-07-03.
- If you disagree with the proposal, just remove your wiki from the list. Remember also to create MediaWiki:Licenses locally with any content (see a simple example), or uploads will be soon disabled anyway by MediaWiki itself (starting in version 1.24wmf11).
- To make the UploadWizard even better, please tell your experience and ideas on commons:Commons:Upload Wizard feedback.
Nemo 2014年6月19日 (四) 13:09 (UTC)
Media Viewer is now live on this wiki[编辑]
Greetings— and sorry for writing in English, please translate if it will help your community,
Media Viewer displays images in larger size when you click on their thumbnails, to provide a better viewing experience. Users can now view images faster and more clearly, without having to jump to separate pages — and its user interface is more intuitive, offering easy access to full-resolution images and information, with links to the file repository for editing. The tool has been tested extensively across all Wikimedia wikis over the past six months as a Beta Feature and has been released to the largest Wikipedias, all language Wikisources, and the English Wikivoyage already.
If you do not like this feature, you can easily turn it off by clicking on "Disable Media Viewer" at the bottom of the screen, pulling up the information panel (or in your your preferences) whether you have an account or not. Learn more in this Media Viewer Help page.
Please let us know if you have any questions or comments about Media Viewer. You are invited to share your feedback in this discussion on MediaWiki.org in any language, to help improve this feature. You are also welcome to take this quick survey in English, en français, o español.
Universal Language Selector will be enabled by default again on this wiki by 21 February 2014[编辑]
On January 21 2014 the MediaWiki extension Universal Language Selector (ULS) was disabled on this wiki. A new preference was added for logged-in users to turn on ULS. This was done to prevent slow loading of pages due to ULS webfonts, a behaviour that had been observed by the Wikimedia Technical Operations team on some wikis.
We are now ready to enable ULS again. The temporary preference to enable ULS will be removed. A new checkbox has been added to the Language Panel to enable/disable font delivery. This will be unchecked by default for this wiki, but can be selected at any time by the users to enable webfonts. This is an interim solution while we improve the feature of webfonts delivery.
Changes to the default site typography coming soon[编辑]
This week, the typography on Wikimedia sites will be updated for all readers and editors who use the default "Vector" skin. This change will involve new serif fonts for some headings, small tweaks to body content fonts, text size, text color, and spacing between elements. The schedule is:
- April 1st: non-Wikipedia projects will see this change live
- April 3rd: Wikipedias will see this change live
This change is very similar to the "Typography Update" Beta Feature that has been available on Wikimedia projects since November 2013. After several rounds of testing and with feedback from the community, this Beta Feature will be disabled and successful aspects enabled in the default site appearance. Users who are logged in may still choose to use another skin, or alter their personal CSS, if they prefer a different appearance. Local common CSS styles will also apply as normal, for issues with local styles and scripts that impact all users.
For more information:
Letter petitioning WMF to reverse recent decisions[编辑]
The Wikimedia Foundation recently created a new feature, "superprotect" status. The purpose is to prevent pages from being edited by elected administrators -- but permitting WMF staff to edit them. It has been put to use in only one case: to protect the deployment of the Media Viewer software on German Wikipedia, in defiance of a clear decision of that community to disable the feature by default, unless users decide to enable it.
If you oppose these actions, please add your name to this letter. If you know non-Wikimedians who support our vision for the free sharing of knowledge, and would like to add their names to the list, please ask them to sign an identical version of the letter on change.org.
Process ideas for software development[编辑]
’’My apologies for writing in English.’’
I am notifying you that a brainstorming session has been started on Meta to help the Wikimedia Foundation increase and better affect community participation in software development across all wiki projects. Basically, how can you be more involved in helping to create features on Wikimedia projects? We are inviting all interested users to voice their ideas on how communities can be more involved and informed in the product development process at the Wikimedia Foundation. It would be very appreciated if you could translate this message to help inform your local communities as well.
I and the rest of my team welcome you to participate. We hope to see you on Meta.
Grants to improve your project[编辑]
- Apologies for English. Please help translate this message.
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants program is accepting proposals for funding new experiments from September 1st to 30th. Your idea could improve Wikimedia projects with a new tool or gadget, a better process to support community-building on your wiki, research on an important issue, or something else we haven't thought of yet. Whether you need $200 or $30,000 USD, Individual Engagement Grants can cover your own project development time in addition to hiring others to help you.
- Submit your proposal
- Get help: In IdeaLab or an upcoming Hangout session MediaWiki message delivery（讨论） 2014年9月2日 (二) 16:52 (UTC)
Change in renaming process[编辑]
Part or all of this message may be in English. Please help translate if possible.
Meta RfCs on two new global groups[编辑]
There are currently requests for comment open on meta to create two new global groups. The first is a group for members of the OTRS permissions queue, which would grant them autopatrolled rights on all wikis except those who opt-out. That proposal can be found at m:Requests for comment/Creation of a global OTRS-permissions user group. The second is a group for Wikimedia Commons admins and OTRS agents to view deleted file pages through the 'viewdeletedfile' right on all wikis except those who opt-out. The second proposal can be found at m:Requests for comment/Global file deletion review.
We would like to hear what you think on both proposals. Both are in English; if you wanted to translate them into your native language that would also be appreciated.
It is possible for individual projects to opt-out, so that users in those groups do not have any additional rights on those projects. To do this please start a local discussion, and if there is consensus you can request to opt-out of either or both at m:Stewards' noticeboard.Thanks and regards, Ajraddatz (talk) 2014年10月26日 (日) 18:05 (UTC)