- I was aghast when the incident unfolded in front of me.
- Template:RQ:Marlowe Tamburlaine
- 1985, Les Misérables, the song "Red and Black"
- I am agog! I am aghast! Is Marius in love at last?
- 2003，Herbert，Brian，“Xanadu”，出自 Dreamer of Dune，New York:Tom Doherty Associates, →ISBN, LCCN 2002042951, OCLC 51040937, 頁號259:
- We sat at a long table with a huge salmon on a platter in the center, prepared Szechuan style. Dad sat at one end of the table, and regaled all present with his stories. In the middle of one convoluted yarn, he rose and went around to the salmon in the center of the table. Using his fingers, he dug an eyeball out of the fish, popped it in his mouth and swallowed it whole as we looked on, aghast. “A real delicacy,” he said, with a boyish smirk.
- 2013年8月14日，Daniel Taylor， The Guardian:
- Hart, for one, will not remember the night for Lambert's heroics. Morrison, not closed down quickly enough, struck his shot well but England's No1 will be aghast at the way it struck his gloves then skidded off his knees and into the net.