- (棄用) 女僕，侍女，丫頭 [17世紀中期－19世紀]
- 1749，Henry Fielding， Tom Jones, 頁號415:
- It was therefore concluded that the Abigails should, by turns, relieve each other on one of his lordship’s horses, which was presently equipped with a side-saddle for that purpose.
- 1847，Charlotte Brontë， Jane Eyre:
- In the servants』 hall two coachmen and three gentlemen’s gentlemen stood or sat round the fire; the abigails, I suppose, were upstairs with their mistresses; the new servants, that had been hired from Millcote, were bustling about everywhere.
- Lesley Brown, editor-in-chief; William R. Trumble and Angus Stevenson, editors (2002), 「abigail」, The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary on Historical Principles, 5th版, Oxford; New York, N.Y.: Oxford University Press, ISBN 978-0-19-860457-0, 頁4