- 1961 November，H. G. Ellison and P. G. Barlow，“Journey through France: Part One”，出自 Trains Illustrated, 頁號668:
- On once more we swung, bumping uneasily along in the antique narrow-gauge coach, with gloomy woods and gathering night outside, shouts and songs (and quacks) inside—this was not at all the sort of train ordained by the logical strategists in Paris—then grinding to a stop at a mysterious halt which was no more than a nameboard in the pinewoods, without even a footpath leading to it, but nevertheless with a solitary passenger stolidly waiting.
- (宗教) 授予...圣职（如祭司、主教等）
- ordain in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- ordain in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- OneLook 在线词典 上有关 ordain 的释义