- (正统英式(RP)) IPA(幫助)：/fɔːθˈwɪð/, /-ˈwɪθ/
- (通用美式) IPA(幫助)：/fɔɹθˈwɪθ/, /ˈfɔɹθˌwɪθ/
- 韻部：-ɪð, -ɪθ
- (主正式, 文雅) 马上，立即，立刻 [自14世纪初叶]
- 同義詞： forthwithal (古旧)
- Template:RQ:Erasmus Commune Crede
- Template:RQ:Milton Paradise Lost
- Template:RQ:Bunyan Pilgrim's Progress
- 1714, T[itus] Lucretius Carus, “Of the Annual Inundation of the River Nile”, in Thomas Creech, transl., Of the Nature of Things. Translated into English Verse […], 卷II (Containing the Fifth and Sixth Books), London: Printed by John Matthews, for George Sawbridge, […], OCLC 913056196, page 703:
- And no doubt the dry'd Dirt, and Slime of which we were ſpeaking, would have imbib'd ſome Portion of the Humidity, the Day before the Nile overflow'd, had it not been kept ſo cloſe: but being once releas'd from that Cuſtody, it forthwith ruſhes into the Embraces of the deſir'd Moiſture, following the natural Propenſity of dry Bodies to wet.
- Template:RQ:Gilbert and Sullivan Mikado
- 1961 July, “Glasgow emergency – the restoration of Clydeside steam suburban services”, in Trains Illustrated, page 431:
- The task was the harder in that the restored service had not only to start forthwith but also to last for several months pending modifications to the multiple-unit electric stock, and this called for organisation on a semi-permanent basis.
- 1998, Richard M. Zaner, “Surprise! You’re Just Like Me!: Reflections on Cloning, Eugenics, and Other Utopias”, in James M. Humber and Robert F. Almeder, editors, Human Cloning (Biomedical Ethics Reviews), New York, N.Y.: Springer Science+Business Media, DOI:10.1007/978-1-59259-205-0, →ISBN, ISSN 0742-1796, page 114:
- [Hans] Jonas emphasized years ago that the prospect of genetic control, though cloning and other means, "raises ethical questions of a wholly new kind," for which we are profoundly unprepared. [...] Is it defensible in any sense, for instance, to set out forthwith to create "grade A individuals", "kids made to order," whether designed as privileged deciders of policy or merely dumb drones for the duller humdrum chores of life?
- 2010, Martin W. Bowman, “Dam Buster – Dudley Heal”, in Bombs Away!: Dramatic First-hand Accounts of British and Commonwealth Bomber Aircrew in WWII, Barnsley, South Yorkshire: Pen & Sword Aviation, Pen & Sword Books, →ISBN, page 133:
- [W]hen the Board announced in March 1940, that after a certain date in May no Customs staff aged 23 or over would be allowed to join the Armed Forces it made our minds up for us. We were both 23! We forthwith applied for permission to enlist in the RAF.
- “fō̆rth-with, adv.” in MED Online, Ann Arbor, Mich.: University of Michigan, 2007.
- “fō̆rth-with-al, adv.” in MED Online, Ann Arbor, Mich.: University of Michigan, 2007.
- “forthwith, adv.”, OED Online , Oxford, Oxfordshire: Oxford University Press, 1897; “forthwith, adv.”, Lexico, Dictionary.com; Oxford University Press, 2019–present.