- He was conspicuous by his absence.
- 1928，Lawrence R. Bourne，章號7，出自 Well Tackled!:
- “No, don't,” replied the superintendent; “in fact, I'd rather you made yourself conspicuous elsewhere. Go down to the landing stage and cross to New Brighton or Wallasey—doesn't matter which—and come back. No doubt you will be seen, and reported to have gone across.”
- 1964 April，“Letters: Rethinking emergency procedures”，出自 Modern Railways, 頁號274:
- [...] 1. Handsignalmen, where needed, ought to wear a conspicuous orange/yellow cape (like many road workmen) to draw attention to them.
- (因不好，难看而) 显眼的，扎眼的，突出的
- He had a conspicuous lump on his forehead.
- 1969, Saul Bellow, Mr Sammler's Planet, Penguin Books Ltd, page 6:
- For his height he had a small face. The combination made him conspicuous.
- (全部义项)： inconspicuous