- (比喻义, 体育) 压胜
- (比喻义, 俚語) 混乱的状况
- 2014, Simon Spence, Happy Mondays: Excess All Areas:
- The lads had recently returned from a wild summer on the party island of Ibiza, an increasingly popular hotspot for working-class British youth. But this was not a scene of drunken holiday carnage in tacky discos.
- 2015, Adam Jones, Bomb: My Autobiography:
- Within three hours we'd drunk the place dry. Miraculously, we all made it back on the bus, but I've never seen a more bacchanalian scene of wanton debauchery than the ride back to the hotel. It was total carnage.
- 2017年1月20日, 唐纳德·特朗普, The Inaugural Address:
- Mothers and children trapped in poverty in our inner cities, rusted out factories, scattered like tombstones across the across the landscape of our nation, an education system flush with cash, but which leaves our young and beautiful students deprived of all knowledge, and the crime, and the gangs, and the drugs that have stolen too many lives and robbed our country of so much unrealized potential. This American carnage stops right here and stops right now.
carnage m（复数 carnages）
carnage m（複數 carnages）