- The first Olympic Games are traditionally dated to 776 BC.
- 1603，Michel de Montaigne，章號17，出自John Florio譯，， The Essayes […]，book II，London: […] Val[entine] Simmes for Edward Blount […], OCLC 946730821:
- In the times of the Olimpike games, with chariots exceeding all other in magnificence, he also sent poets and musitians to present his verses, with tents and pavillions gilt and most suinptuously tapistried.
- 1840, John Dunlop, The Universal Tendency to Association in Mankind. Analyzed and Illustrated, London: Houlston and Stoneman, page 103:
- Olympic Games. — Besides the ordinary confederacies that join independent states together, a singular federal bond is remarkable in the Olympic games, which for many ages cemented the Grecian commonwealths by a joint tie of recreation and religious ritual.
- 現代奧運會 [自19世紀]
- Every athlete's dream is to compete at the Olympic Games.
- 2009, Owen Gibson, The Guardian, 28 September:
- Chicago's bid to host the 2016 Olympic Games received a boost yesterday when its most famous former resident, the American president, Barack Obama, ended months of speculation by announcing that he would fly to Copenhagen before Friday's vote, in order to lobby on the city's behalf.